Wednesday 21 March 2012

Blog for the Thought Fox

 
"I started writing The Spider King’s Daughter when I was 17, got an agent at 18, signed with Faber at 19, finished editing while 20 and got published at 21. Condensed into this sentence, the whole thing looks incredibly neat and simple. That’s what summarising things does and this is why in my first cover letter to my agent, I refused to write a synopsis of my book. With only thirty-three pages written, I technically couldn't have produced a summary. However, as I was also ideologically opposed to the synopsis, I informed my future agent: “I usually miss the point of summaries so I have enclosed the first three chapters for you to read and find out what the novel is about.” I am quoting from memory but the obnoxious sentiment is accurately transcribed."


Read the rest here


 


Also, I'll be at the Southbank tomorrow with Noo Saro Wiwa tomorrow.. Join us if you can. More details here.

2 comments:

  1. congratulations on your book getting published...it‘s been so much talked about, i can wait to finally get a copy for myself. I wish you all the very best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Babe. Really glad you liked it. Also, I posted your blog about naija parents, sitcom parents on bb and my cousins found it hilarious.

    And ay thank you. Hope you enjoy when you read it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...